Aug 24, 2014

Summer Stitching

I have been stitching quite a lot lately.  On August 1st I started Nature Study by Dimensions and I have been stitching on it day and night, I completed it today August 24th.  I changed many of the elements and I am pleased with how it turned out (the crown is stitched over 1 and took about 3 hours to stitch).

I put two weeks into Butterfly Profusion before I put it away for a while.  This one is being stitched on Polstitches lugana. I am loving the colors in this one.

I have also added some charts and kits to my stash collection.  The Leopard and the Anniversary kit I will be doing soon (next year is mine and hubby's 25th anniversary-- it is in September which means our 24th is right around the corner and we plan on going to a cabin)

I had to add the new petite mermaids to my collection though I do not know when I will stitch them.  I have not been much into stitching any of the Mirabilias lately though several new ones are amazing (I especially love Cassiopeia, Persephone and Red) but I am already rotating the 17 full size pieces I have into the few spaces I have for stitching on my walls and I have 2 that still need to be framed.

I have been combing the 123stitch website to see what I want to stitch next.  I want something easy peasy because stitching "Nature Study" got me real tired with a big project (even though it is really more of a medium project).  I considered folk art designs because those are so simple but the truth is that it really isn't my style.  I looked at the Lanarte designs and though they are lovely (I am eyeballing "Eyes of Amber", a Cheetah design, I just don't have the will power to stitch a design that intense.)

I have not gone back to work and I am getting used to life with all the time in the world to do as I please.  The days and weeks just fly by.

I still read many of your blogs and enjoy seeing what you are stitching and what your lives are like.

Jul 18, 2014

New Recent Finishes

The last few months I have been stitching more and more.  I am starting to have a passion for it once again.
I have completed the following projects.

Antique Bee Sampler by Elizabeth's Designs

Mermaid Azure by Mirabilia stitched on fabric by Under The Sea Fabrics on Caribbean Tides

Tocatta in Green by Heritage Stitchcrafts stitched on Polstitches fabric.


I have also started a new one. A Dimesions kit called Butterfly Profusion on Polstitches "friendship" opal lugana

May 23, 2014


This is my recent completion from Watercolor Blooms by Stoney Creek.

I have been stitching a little more lately and I am working on Toccata in Green presently which has beautiful colors in it but I have not decided if I am going to go back into stitching full blown yet.

May 14, 2014

It's Been a Long Time

It's been such a long time since I last posted.  I no longer have internet in my home so I am not on everyday as I once was.

I have had a lot of changes since I stitched my last Mirabilia and since the days when I posted on here regularly.  We moved into a new house and I worked the tax season at H & R Block.  I completed over 150 tax returns during the tax season and it was nice to make a little extra cash (which helped us to be able to purchase a new truck for hubby which he desperately needed) but they don't pay very well; not much more than minimum wage.  My life was in a fog during those months that I worked and I didn't do much including stitching but over the 3 months that I worked I completed a design from Watercolor Blooms, it is the one with the poppies.  I don't have a picture of the completion but I have a photo of the cover.

Since I stopped working, I have not started any new job yet so I have been stitching once again. I guess once a stitcher, always a stitcher.  I am now working on a piece by Elizabeth's Designs called Antique Bee Sampler.  I am about three quarters of the way finished with it and then I will start Toccata In Green by Heritage Crafts.

Again, I don't have photos of my work at the present time.
I enjoyed a simple Mother's Day with hubby and we did have our daughter and grandson over because he turned a year old on Monday.  He was born on Mother's Day last year.  Here are photos of two of our grandsons.
 Landon 6 months old
Junior 1 year old
So what is next for me: that is what I am trying to decide.  I do enjoy the simplicity and freedom of not having to work but it gets awfully isolated at times.
Thank you for those who still visit.

Aug 5, 2013


 Week 9 (+ 2 days)
Completed on August 4th, 2013


Week 8

Week 7

Week 6

Week 5 

Week 4

Week 3

Week 2 

Week 1

Gypsy Mermaid
Mirabilia Designs # 126
Fabric: 28 count opal lugana
by Polstitches
Started on June 1, 2013

May 31, 2013

Siren and the Shipwreck

Completed on May 31, 2013
Mermaid finish #11

Mirabilia Designs #125
Siren and the Shipwreck
Fabric: Silkweaver
Aegean Aqua
28 count opal lugana

Mar 30, 2013